We all see pictures of mostly women under 30 posting their amazing transformations in their Kayla Itsines BBG workout review, along with the guidelines being from those up to 25 years old when it comes to the diet plan. But I’m here to tell you there is no age limit when it comes to your health, your self-image and getting in the best shape of your life.
Can women over 40 get fit with the Kayla’s Bikini Body Guide? ABSOLUTELY!!
Nobody should look at age as a factor to stop you from doing what you want to do, especially when it comes to bettering yourself. Though your body might be changing, it doesn’t mean giving up on your goals for yourself.
Meet Erica and learn why the bikini body guide workout is so effective!
Erica started the BBG 1.0 in August of 2015. You can understand more about the history of BBG here. She followed Itsines for over a year before she finally decided to try the Bikini Body Guide program. With her perimenopause, she was finding it hard to keep the weight off even though she worked out regularly and in her words, “puffed up like a blowfish no matter how much I worked out…”.
After completing BBG 1.0 (along with the 4-week pre-training guide in BBG 1.0) and BBG 2.0, she has transformed herself into a happier, healthier person and is loving being strong.
Erica is an inspiration and is proof that no matter what age you can do the Bikini Body Guide as long as you are committed to doing it, and you have no health issues holding you back.
She is just one of many women who are over 40 that have successfully done the Bikini Body Guide.
Some interesting BBG workout facts for women over 40
As you begin to age, your body starts to change internally, and you are finding it harder and harder to keep weight off, and the jeans are getting snug, or even to small. You try your hardest to eat healthy, keep a normal workout routine you have probably done your entire adulthood.
It’s a pain. And there are many reasons why this could be happening. Let’s talk about those reasons.
- Activity levels tend to decline: It happens, even though it’s hard to admit. But as we age, our activity slows. If you’re activity slows you’re not burning as many calories and if you’re not burning those calories you are going to end up gaining weight. You can gain around 9 pounds a year just by consuming 100 extra calories a day, or not working them off let’s say. It all can add up quickly, and sneak up on you.
- Metabolic conditions: There is a primary reason why women over forty are having trouble losing weight. It’s a tiny gland that controls your metabolic hormones, and when it’s underactive, it affects everything else in your body. Your thyroid can mess everything up, including your weight gain.
Symptoms for this include:
- Lethargy, or tiredness
- Clammy hands
- Poor circulations in the hands and feet
- Feeling cold frequently
- Hair loss (eyelashes and eyebrows too)
- Weight gain even with healthy eating and exercising
If you suspect you may have a thyroid condition your first step should be to call your doctor, and they will test, and treat you for the condition if you have it.
- Hormones: When you hit mid-thirties, your body is going to start producing less estrogen which causes fat to shift to the middle of the body making you get more “bloated” around the mid-section. Something no woman ever wants to deal with.
Why is the BBG successful despite all these factors for women over forty?
The high-intensity interval training (HIIT) is a good thing for women over forty who are going through changes. When you use this training, it creates a higher metabolic rate which is going to help burn those calories you are having trouble losing due to a decreasing metabolism.
Circuit training keeps your heart rate level up, helping you build endurance and strength which is also going to burn more calories.
You will most likely be more active when doing the Bikini Body Guide which is going to change the way your body responds to working out, helping you achieve your goals.