Abs exercises, we love to hate them. But did you know crunches aren’t enough to get those abs you’ve always wanted? To get a flat tummy you have to incorporate more variations of abs exercises to your BBG program to define them.
Your core is made up of so much more than just those six sexy abs shining through. You have to target the lower back muscles, lower and upper abs, transverse abdominal, and the obliques.
Doing moves that focus on all the areas together will burn more calories and give you the bikini body you crave. Shape up your BBG program and add a few extra moves, these exercises are sure to make your lower half burn.
So look no further, here are 10 ab exercises for us women that will melt away the fat to show off that slim tummy. For the complete list, you can also read this learn about this bikini body workout routine program.
Add This Abs Exercises To Your BBG Workout Routine
- Take your dumbbells and keep them next to your sides, your palms should be facing each other.
- Take a sidestep forward so your right foot is in front of your left foot in the back (think of doing a curtsy but without the hand gesture).
- Lower down your body so that your front knee is bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Hold, then go back to the starting position.
- Switch, and repeat it with the other leg.
Advanced Barbell Crunch
- Sit with your back against a stable bench, your feet should be flat on the floor, and your knees bent.
- Grab a padded barbell and lay it across your hips, making sure you have an overhand grip on the barbell. This should be about shoulder-width apart.
- Raise your hips while keeping your back pressed up against the bench, squeeze those glutes.
- Continue squeezing until your body forms a line.
- Go back to the starting position, do it all over again.
- Start by leaning back against a wall with your head, upper back, and bottom.
- Slide your arms up against the wall in a high-five position, the elbows should be bent at a 90-degree angle. The upper arms should be at shoulder height.
- Pause for 1 second. Don’t let your head, upper back, and bottom move away from the wall.
- Slide your elbows down to your sides as far as possible, making sure to keep contact with the wall at all times.
- Squeeze the shoulder blades towards each other. Keeping your hands in contact with the wall, raise your arms back up wall as far as you can.
- Lower back down then start all over again.
- Take hold of your dumbbells and stand in front of a step that’s about knee height.
- Hold the dumbbells by your sides.
- Place your left foot on the step, press your body up onto it until your legs are straight.
- Lower back down to the beginning position.
- Switch the legs so you exercise both the left and right side.
- Start by going into the pushup position, keeping your body straight from your shoulders down to your ankles.
- Step your right foot forward as far as you can, or until it’s next to your right hand.
- Don’t let your hips rise or lower down, make sure to keep your body is straight.
- Bring the leg back to the beginning and repeat now with your left leg. That counts as 1 rep.
Standing Ovation Squat
- Start by grabbing a pair of dumbbells and lifting them directly over your shoulders, make sure your arms are straight.
- Squeeze those abs as your doing this exercise.
- Step forward with your left foot, push back those hips and bend the knees until you’re in a squat position.
- Hold, then push back up to the starting position.
- Switch the to right foot when you’ve finished your reps with your left, and repeat.
Burpee With A Twist
- Start by standing with your feet about shoulder-width apart, arms by your sides. Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Move the hips backward and bend your knees, lower down your body as far as you can. Yes, this is a squat.
- Put the dumbbells on the floor, step back with your legs and end up in the pushup position.
- Step forward back into a squat.
- Stand up again and jump. That counts as 1 rep and you should do 10 reps each set.
Advanced Pushup Rowing
- Start in the pushup position while holding a pair of dumbbells. Make sure they’re about shoulder-length apart.
- Lower down your body then push back up again.
- Back in the starting position, pull up the dumbbell with your left hand towards the side of waist.
- Hold, then lower back down to the starting position.
- Repeat with your right hand. That counts as 1 rep.
- Make sure your upper body doesn’t rotate each time you lift the dumbbell.
Squat With Dumbbell Curling
- Take hold of your dumbbells and have them hang at arm’s length by your sides, your palms must face forward.
- Curl the dumbbells as close to your shoulders as you are comfortable with, don’t move your upper arms and make sure to bend those elbows.
- Push back your hips and sink into a squat, your thighs should be parallel to the floor if you can.
- Rise up and push the dumbbells over your head. That counts as 1 rep.
- Go back to the beginning position and repeat the entire sequence.
Rowing With Resistance Band
- Step onto a resistance band with both feet. Hold the band at arm’s length with both hands, this should be done shoulder-length apart.
- Bend your knees and at your hips start lowering your upper body until it’s parallel to the floor. Make sure that you’re knees are bent slightly, and your back is naturally arched.
- Squeeze back the shoulder blades towards each other. Pull up towards your abs with the band.
- Hold, then release back to the beginning position.
By adding these 10 abs exercises to your BBG program routine, you will see the difference in no time. Keep at it and make sure your head is in the game. Always make sure your form is correct so you don’t injure yourself. If you’re unsure of a move, just ask someone you trust who has been working out for a long time.